Yesterday, due to the torrential rains from Tropical Storm Darby the creek that flows beneath our parking lot exceeded its boundaries. Our sanctuary and the entire first floor of our building was flooded under several inches of water.
We honestly don’t know all the details just yet. Unfortunately, our insurance policy does not cover this type of flood damage (from an outside water source). We’re getting quotes from various restoration companies today and hope to get started on the clean-up phase tomorrow. The extent of the damage (carpets, floors, walls, mold, etc.) will not be clear until they get started.
What about Hot Wheels Night?
Sadly, we’ll have to cancel the fun outreach event we had planned for this Friday. There is very little chance that our building will be ready to host such an event by this weekend.
What about our Sunday Worship Service?
We are planning on having our regular Sunday worship service. If the sanctuary is unavailable we’ll plan to meet in the Fellowship Hall just off the lanai. Come JOIN US!
What can you do?
For now, the best thing is to PRAY!
- For wisdom as the pastors and deacons meet to pray and discuss our next steps
- For God to be glorified and Jesus to be evident in our response to this trial
- For trust in the Lord to guide us and provide for our needs
- For unity as we move forward
- For us to remember that International Church is not a building but a group of people. You are International Church and we are grateful for you!
We’ll be in touch with you again once there is more information available.
Thank you for your understanding, flexibility and prayer!
With you, for Him
** To read the latest update on the flood, click here.